More choices for your artwork (and, it makes a big difference)…
We are the only supplier of canvas art that gives you a selection of canvas finishes. Our different finishes represent completely different canvas material; this is not a coating or finish that is applied after printing.
Our graphic designers are more than happy to help you with finish recommendations specific to your photo. In fact, we recommend finish changes for about half of the canvases we work on. If we do think a canvas finish change is appropriate for your photo we’ll let you know during the proofing process.
Matte canvas offers an ultra low glare ﬁnish and is the best choice for high contrast images containing complex color combinations or very dark colors including black.
- Matte is best for portraits containing people; it’s our second most popular finish
- Baby, wedding, and family portrait pictures look great on matte
- Blacks and very dark colors are more saturated and appear darker on this canvas
- Matte is a great choice for highly detailed images; it’s the best a preserving detail because of the complete lack of glare from ambient lighting
Semi-Gloss is our most popular finish; the canvas surface being reﬂective enough to simulate an oil painting ﬁnish without creating much glare from ambient light.
- A tiny bit of detail will be lost because of the small amount of glare from ambient lighting
- A good choice when you can’t decide between matte and glossy
Glossy canvas prints intensify the sense of depth by enhancing the tone characteristics of an image; meaning, it’s perfect for true-to-life reproductions of your pictures.
- Glossy is a great choice for art reproductions
- This particular canvas has been engineered to provide outstanding image clarity and sharp detail/resolution
- Glossy canvas is ideal when you want the colors in your photo to really ‘pop’
Iridescent canvas has a beautiful pearlescent luster ﬁnish that reﬂects the light captured by the camera lens that is often lost in print.
- Iridescent canvas allows water to glisten, city lights to glow, and brings your image to life
- Iridescent is a great choice for oceans, mountains, and cityscapes, as well as reproductions of those old family photos tucked away in hat boxes
- It’s very good at preserving the detail in your photos